I'm just going to group some stuff together to save time... :)
Playing on the bike racks outside the gym, waiting for daddy to finish running his last lap around the park:
We went and got school supplies.... (boy were those expensive, and he's only in kindergarten!). But, he was SO excited to pick out his pencil box (red, of course), and all the other supplies.
Lexi says: "I'm Pete the Cat!" and walks around the house with 4 shoes on. He's a book character in a series.
Look what she let me do one day! She actually sat still so I could braid!!!
One rainy day, we got out the moon dough. Of course, after 10 minutes the whining and fighting started. Sigh.... And then the countdown to school started.... The constant fighting/bickering/pushing/shoving/arguing/etc etc has been extremely draining these past several weeks.....
Skeeter was batting at Lexi's fairy wings. Guess he thought it was a giant moth. He always runs to the back door when it's time to let Taylor out before bed. Then he catches all the bugs that fly in.
One day, we had a visitor. A monarch!!! Gorgeous, just gorgeous!
After a rain storm, I went into the window wells for the basement and rescued all these frogs: 7 of them! Lexi's job was to make sure they didn't jump out of the bucket while I was grabbing the others.
And then we let them go in the front flowers
One day we met some friends at White Clay Creek. My friend knew of this place off the beaten path where the kids could wade in the water and play. It was awesome! We packed a lunch and I had to drag them away after 4 hours! They were perfectly happy with a plastic pitcher and some ladles from the kitchen :)
We got Lexi a leotard for tumbling. She was so excited!
Also, daddy started his new job on the 18th. He has been so miserable this past year with Ashland, and we're all looking forward to him doing something new and different, and something that he will enjoy and excel at. So, the kids and I made him an ice cream pie. It took us 2 days and I can't believe that they kept it a secret! Devan almost let it slip one night at the dinner table ;) It says "You Are Free" because he is free from his horrible job, and can finally do something he will like. We all loved it :) What more do you need in life besides oreo crust, ice cream, fudge, and a little sprinkles???



























No comments:
Post a Comment