Again, I have to say it: our library is AWESOME!!! Throughout the summer they have activities 4 days/week! We have been going to 2/week. Mondays are some science-related activity (since that's the theme for the summer reading program: Fizz, Boom, Bang, Read!). And Tuesdays are the normal story time, but sometimes they have special ones. I haven't been very good at taking pictures- I've been too involved in the activities :) They've done science experiments several times, a mad scientist came and did stuff with dry ice (that was the all-time favorite!), they made bubbles and chalk.... and much much more!
This one was at night: they came in their pjs after the library closed. Made fireflies with glowsticks inside, made glow-in-the-dark noodle necklackes, and played games in the dark like bowling and ring toss.
This day they made bubbles to take home, and then went outside and used lots of different bubble machines and such to play with. I tried to take a good pick to compare to last year, but they weren't cooperating.This day they made chalk to take home (it had to dry for 12 hrs before using it), and then went outside to decorate the sidewalks.
More to come..... but that's for another day :)














No comments:
Post a Comment