The annual neighborhood 4th of July parade is so exciting! The kids LOVE decorating their bikes and parading around the neighborhood. Not to mention the songs and fireworks and popsicles :)
This year, Devan said he wanted to do his bike by himself. So, Lexi and I worked on her bike (with her telling me what to do).
Lexi's bike:
Devan working on his bike
The night of the 3rd, we got a strong quick storm that knocked out power to over 50,000 people in the county. So, we had a long night of sweating. Luckily, the 4th was a bit cooler so it was much more bearable. But, it did put a dent in everyone's BBQ plans for the 4th. We were going to a friend's house in another town and they had power. I just had to adjust what I was bringing since we didn't have an oven to bake.
Heading out for the parade
Our neighbor's tree:
We made our half-way stop for some songs, fireworks, and cookies. Then continued on to the end where there were popsicles. No pictures of Devan because he was cruising fast in the front with his friends. I was helping Lexi maneuver through the crowd since she was still trying to master using her breaks down the hill.
Group picture of all the neighborhood kids















No comments:
Post a Comment