Friday, December 6, 2013

Lexi's 2nd Birthday

Skipping ahead, again, because I know everyone wants to know about Lexi's birthday.  Nothing fancy this year.  Although next year will be the start of the "fancy" birthdays.  She was happy to just hang out, open presents, and eat cake! :)
 
Opening a card from Grammy and Grampy
 

Opening a card from Monica (Grampy's mommy).  She is always so good about making sure the card gets there ON their birthday :)
 
Later that day I made Lexi's birthday cake.  I had grand ideas.  But, silly me, I forgot to pull some frosting out for different colors and ended up coloring ALL of frosting purple.  Oh well.  So I improvised and made a "2" out of sprinkles :)
 
After dinner we had cake!

Lexi sang to herself :)
 

Not quite sure how to blow out the candle...

Then we Skyped with Grammy.  Grammy told the kids a story while we got the presents out.



 How old are you Lexi?  One... Two!





 Devan looks so OLD in this picture!  Where's our little baby?  He's such a BOY now!





 Mr Jealous had to squeeze in...



 Eating Daddy's cake
The old ball pit from when Devan was 2.  It's been packed up since VA so we brought it back out.  They love it!

The next night we Skyped with Nana and Papa to open their present.  Lexi got a kitchen from them, and Aunt Gigi (Steph) and Michael.  Devan got Lexi some food to go with it.
 They just wanted to try all the pieces (because a box with pieces of wood isn't very interesting.  LOL)
After the kids went to bed, Dustin and I spent 3 hours putting together the kitchen.  I couldn't believe how many pieces there were!
 Skeeter likes the box :)
 1 hour down, 1 beer down...
 2 hrs down, 2 beers down...
 Ta-Da!  It's a kitchen!  3 hrs down, 3 beers down, and lookin' good!
 The next day we played kitchen for awhile after dropping Devan off at school

 It's HOT! says Lexi
 Let's make a burger!



 Don't forget the ketchup!
With all these presents, they'll be busy up until Christmas!  I even have some presents under the tree and the kids haven't even glanced at them!  Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday presents!

No comments: