One night when Dustin was gone, we went to an evening event at the library. They're having a winter reading program- all things Dr Seuss. You get a BINGO card and have to get BINGO by doing different activities, all Dr. Seuss related.
Anyway, this night they read "The Foot Book" (one of my absolute favorites!). And then they got to print their feet :)
The next book was about a moose. I don't remember the title and have never read it. It was pretty good, although during this book I was having a hard time keeping Lexi quiet, so I missed quite a bit. But afterwards, they each made moose faces with the antlers being their hands.
Then..... We had no heat. After the kids went to bed, I sat at the computer to do my work. And I kept thinking "man, I'm really cold!" Now, I'm usually cold, but this time I was REALLY cold. And I kept hearing the fan turn off and on. I just thought the heat pump had switched to propane. So after work I settle on the couch with a blanket. Before going to bed I glance at the thermostat. 56??? No wonder I was cold!!! So I call Dustin and we try and trouble shoot together over the phone. Nothing's working. The outside temp? 16 degrees :P
So I grab the space heater and put it in Lexi's room. Devan gets an extra blanket, and Taylor gets a blanket too :)
In the morning, the house is a frigid 50 degrees. I call the company that put it in. They'll be out in the afternoon. I drop the temp down to 51 to get the heat pump to switch on and slow walk, degree by degree, up to 60 by the time the guys came.
And because we're waiting for the heating guys... We do some painting! This is great- just need water! Simple enough for Lexi and definitely not as messy (in regards to Lexi). But, she did manage to spill the colored water 5 times :P By then, I'd had enough.
But they each made lots of fabulous pieces!












No comments:
Post a Comment