Sunday, March 8, 2015

A warm day in Feb?!?!

Early February we had a very rare warm day- in the upper 40's!  And, we were all hot :)  We did our errands in just long sleeve shirts.  It was awesome!



 Lexi wanted to wear my boots
We got Valentines from the store, and Lexi spent several days writing her name on them for everyone at the party.  It took awhile because she could only do a couple at a time before she got sloppy.  But it was great practice having her take her time to write her name.

 Playing Go Fish while waiting for the bus


Haha!  So, I've been trying lots of new recipes.  I'm so tired of the same old stuff.  This night I made buffalo blue cheese chicken lasagna roll ups.  It was delicious!  And I was surprised by the kids.  Devan actually liked it (The kids' version had less buffalo sauce than mine, but everything else was the same).  I was blown away that Devan ate it!  It had blue cheese and celery!  Lexi ate the chicken and the noodle, but was not a fan of the blue cheese.  This was very surprising as she's usually the more adventurous one.  Another surprise dinner: stuffed meatballs!  They won't eat hamburgers, but they ate the meatballs.  It's been really good for them to try new things.  I try to use stuff they're used to but just presenting it different, and switching up a few things.  Some things they love, and some they don't.  But we're expanding our horizons :)
 Just chillin
We had another semi-warm day.  I think it was in the upper 30's, so we took advantage of the sunny weather and took Taylor for a quick walk.


1 comment:

Grampy and Grammy said...

Great job on the catch up posts!!