(This is my second attempt at this post. My first one was nice and long, but the keyboard froze and then deleted it all. So this is going to be shorter because I'm tired of doing this and the kids are bugging me.)
At the end of last week we drove down to VA. Dustin went in to the plant, I went in to work, and we all went to Bella's 5th birthday party. The kids did pretty good in the car. We left at 7:30am and they had a snacky breakfast in the car. We made it all the way to S DC before we had to stop. Last year we had to stop 4 times! They both fell asleep as we got to northern Richmond, of course, so they only got 30 mins of snooze time. Oh well. Devan kept asking, over and over and over, "how many minutes til we get there?" Haha!
We dropped daddy off at the plant, but got to go in quickly to talk. The kids loved wearing the hard hats and safety glasses :)
Friday I took them to The Playroom in Chester so they could run. They had been so good going from car, to hotel, to work offices, to car, to hotel.... And they needed some serious freedom! Jen wasn't feeling well, so Bella couldn't join us. But we did get to go out to dinner together :) And we drove down the old street. So sad.....I just love her poses. Where does she come up with this stuff? Someday, we will see her in the movies I bet!
Back at the hotel, the kiddos are ready for some pool time! Lexi's making silly faces and Devan's saying "no more pictures mommy, let's GO!"
Saturday was Bella's party. It was at the movie theater. They had a party room and everyone got to see Monsters University. The kids got huge boxes of popcorn, juice and fruit snacks. Then back to the room for cake and presents. And then they took us on a tour of the projection room where they play the movies. Not as impressive as it sounds. It's all digital now so you can't really see anything. But I bet the old reel movies would've been really impressive!
Lexi did pretty good during the movie. I had to take her out 3 times I think. It was a slower movie so she got bored and antsy. And so she would do her loud squeeling thing that drives me nuts.
Lexi liked these balloons. She was terrified of the Mike Wazowski balloon :)
We left right after the movie for the LONG drive home. We didn't even think about the holiday weekend coming up, so we sat and sat and sat in traffic. Very frustrating. At least the kids slept a couple hours. But instead of being almost home when they woke up, we were only in DC :(














No comments:
Post a Comment