Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quick Update

I know I'm really behind on blogging.  I have a lot of good pictures and videos on my phone to be downloaded.  But, I've been slammed with work.  My goal is to get caught up before we head to OR on Monday.  Otherwise I'll NEVER get caught up!  :)

I just wanted to write a few notes....

  • Lexi has been obsessed with using a spoon.  She will pretty much only eat foods that she can use a spoon or fork with.  No more fingers.  So, this has been a challenge to get some variety of food in her.  And of course, it's REALLY messy.  But over the past week, she's gotten a lot better (and it's nice to have her feed herself).  FINALLY she's back to eating oatmeal for breakfast (doing it herself, of course).  And for lunch it's usually yogurt, applesauce, fruit cup.  For dinner, she might eat some chicken if she can use the fork.

  • She has some new words.  When her cup/bowl of whatever is almost done she will say "Mama help", and I'll help her with the last few bites.  Also "cook" is new.  She will point at the stove when I'm cooking and say "Cook.  Hot."

  • Devan has had some mood swings.  The other day he said "You're the coolest mommy".  Awww...  But that was an hour after he said "You're mean.  I'm going to kick you in the head."  Yeah, you just have to let those things roll off your back, after you talk about why it's not OK to say that :/
We have been very busy doing fun things.  We've had some good library activities, had a MOMS Club field trip to the fire station, we went to a treehouse festival last weekend at Tyler Arboretum.  And yesterday we went back to explore some of it and check out half of the awesome treehouses and the butterfly house.  We will be back to check out the rest, but Lexi was ready for nap.  Tomorrow night we are headed to Longwood Gardens for their fun family night :)  And then it's time to pack and clean!!!!

A few pictures (the rest need to be downloaded):
Story time at Woodside Creamery

Devan working on his first legos (he got them for his birthday).  He got frustrated because he couldn't snap them together, but he did really good with following the diagrams and getting the right pieces where they need to go (I just had to snap them on)

 Pictures from the Avondale Fire Station field trip:



1 comment:

Grampy and Grammy said...

Wow, you got some good pictures :D