Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rainy Day Painting

We've had our share of rainy days lately.  The past 2 weeks have been nothing but thunderstorms.  So we've had to entertain ourselves indoors a lot.  So.... I got brave and brought out the paint.  I started with Devan, but then Lexi got up from her nap and wanted to do it too.  Yikes.... what did I get myself into???
 
We started with this watercolor thing, but it was too complicated for Lexi: dip into water, then color, then paper.  She ended up just painting with water and ripping the paper to shreds.




 The result:
So.... I thought she would get more out of it if we just did regular paints so she could see immediate results.  Wow.  She is a disaster with paint.  I guess I was definitely spoiled with Devan when he was this age.  He was so careful to keep the paint ON the paper :)

 Lexi on the other hand, liked to dip her hands into the paint, hands on the paper covered in paint, then onto the table and chairs and shirt, and face...... you get the picture.  This girl LOVES to get dirty!


 I tried to get a picture of her "war paint" all over her face

 Lexi's masterpiece:
 Devan's masterpiece (he says it's a tree bush with flowers- you can kinda see the trunk, right?)


2 comments:

Grampy and Grammy said...

I would pay big bucks for that artwork!!

Anonymous said...

it is amazing the picture he has created. better save the picture you may get big bucks for it some day. xxoo