Monday, March 4, 2013

15 Months

Today was Lexi's 15 month appointment.  She did great!  She sat soooo still while the doctor checked everything out.  It was amazing!  And Dr Healy even said "At this age, I usually have to chase the kids around to check them out!"  At least she sat still for the doctor... the ONLY time she's sits still.  LOL.  The doctor said she's doing great with her skills.  Don't worry that she's not talking much, as long as she can communicate with you.  And she does.  Very well.  As we're talking, Lexi points to the floor and makes noises.  So I let her off the table.  She grabs a book from the shelf and points back to the table and grunts.  Back up.  A great example of what we were just talking about :) 

Both kids did really good during the appointment.  Devan sat and looked at the books.  He even asked the doctor if Lexi was getting a shot today.  (He was so concerned because he didn't want Lexi to cry.  Awww.....).  She got 2 shots- 1 in each arm.  The first she didn't even flinch.  The second she fussed for 10 seconds and it was over.  Devan was relieved ;)  (If he only knew it would be his turn in a couple months....)

And to the stats:
Height: 31.25 inches (75%)  I knew she just had a growth spurt!
Weight: 27.5 lbs (100+%)  Yes, she's off the chart.  LOL
Head circumference (60%)

So... basically, she's chunky.  But if they only knew Devan, we'd be having a different discussion!  LOL.  She said the usual: don't over feed, blah blah blah.  I know she eats healthy and when she's done she will throw the food off the high chair.  And if you try and take the food away before she's done, she will have a hissy fit!  Because of her growth spurt, she ate a ton of food.  But now she's eating considerably less.  She has 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.  Sometimes only 1 snack, depending on how late lunch is.

Now on to her recently new skills:
-She can now go up AND down the stairs.  And now she's starting to play on the stairs, turning mid-way up and sitting and just being silly.  It makes me so nervous, but Devan does the same thing and she just wants to be like her big brother.
-She is really good at communicating and following directions.  She likes to climb the stairs and press her face against the rails and say "ma ma bye bye" and then blow a kiss.  She also started telling me when she poops, but only if you're around.  She'll come up to me, pull up her shirt and point to her diaper.  I'll ask if she went poo-poo and needs a new diaper.  She'll say "yeah" and then head upstairs (to be changed).  Hilarious!  I don't remember Devan doing this.  She also did it once when she was really wet.
-She has started dragging around her baby doll everywhere.  I know this is because Devan drags his monkey everywhere.  It's super cute when they're both sitting on the couch with their "friends".
-She says "here you go".  Well, it sounds more like "he-a-go" all mashed together.  But sometimes it's clear as day and I think it's Devan saying it.  I know what you're thinking: yeah right!  But she seriously does.  She hardly ever says "mama" or "dada", but she hears "here you go" a million times a day as Devan is constantly handing her toys when they play. 
-She is finally getting over the "lets open all the kitchen cabinet door" phase.  Hooray!!!  That phase drove me nuts!!
-She has one last canine tooth to pop thru any day.  And then we're in the clear until the 2 yr molars.  I can't wait!!!

I know there's more but I'm having a hard time staying focused on this posting as Devan keeps interrupting.  So, I'll add it to the other postings when I get a chance :)

No comments: