Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

On the 15th, Dustin and I went to the Trans-Siberian Orchstra concert.  It was in Hershey so it took us 1 hr 40 mins to get there.  And what to do with the kids???  We had to get a sitter- someone we've never used before.  Gulp!  I'm not sure who I was more worried about- the kids, or the sitter!  LOL!  I got a good recommendation from some friends, and she is the sweetest girl!  The kids absolutely loved her and the first thing they said on Sunday morning was: can Enya come back today and play?  Always a good sign!  She was awesome, and did so much with them.  I felt bad because we were gone for over 7 hrs.  A very long day for anyone, especially a new sitter who doesn't know the kids.  Luckily, they behaved themselves. And the next day, I got a text from the sitter thanking us and hoping she can watch the kids again :)
 
And now onto the show....  It was completely new this year.  All new music and set.  This one was a lot calmer.  A lot more strong solo performances and not as much "special effects" like the lasers and fireworks.  I still enjoyed it because I know the music.  But it could've been considered more "boring" to those who weren't as familiar.  I don't think the kids would find it as interesting as the previous show.
 
The set was a giant chest in the attic.  And when it opened up, the orchestra, drummer, and keyboard rose from inside!

 

Here are some short snippets from the concert (they're short so I can post them).  Although not all are posting.  Guess they're just a bit too long :(