Monday, June 9, 2014

Ladybugs, bikes and haircuts

The end of May was perfect weather.  We spent as much time outside as we possibly could and were loving every second! 
 
At Devan's game, Lexi will ALWAYS find some sort of bug that becomes her friend, or pet rock, or dig in the dirt....  Anything to get dirty :)  This time she found a ladybug, which she loved so much that it died.  She says "Oh no!  Ladybug is sad.  It OK ladybug, Lexi love you." 


Back at home, we took Taylor for a walk.  She's been doing pretty well in the driveway so I thought I would attempt taking her in the street on our walk.  She did pretty good- some parts are really steep.  I had to give her a few nudges but once she hit the top of the hill she just flew down around the cul-de-sac.  She even did good watching for cars and moving to the side.  Now our walks are so much easier that I just have the dog and the kids can ride their bikes ahead of me :)  They're growing up too fast....

 Here's a pic of my new hair cut, which I love!
And here's Lexi's new haircut, courtesy of Devan.  They were upstairs coloring and I ran down to get laundry.  Lexi's hair was in a ponytail and he snipped off some of her hair.  There were random chunks missing all over that were really short.  And now I can't put in a ponytail anymore.  But when I came back up he fessed right up.  I probably wouldn't have noticed until I tried to fix her hair.  Because he admitted what he did I didn't go berserk on him like I wanted to, but we sat and had a long conversation about it, and also all the scissors are put away.  I still can't believe he did that- it's totally out of character for him!  But, I had just gotten my hair cut that morning and we've been talking about Lexi's first cut coming up in a couple days (luckily).  And, at least it was fixable!

No comments: