Jumping ahead.... We've had a very exciting week.
Friday was parent-teacher conferences at preschool. Of course, Devan is awesome :) She said he is definitely ready for kindergarten. He knows more than is expected (if you ask me, they have pretty low standards. I mean, come on, she was surprised when he could name all 26 letters of the alphabet and write his name without assistance.) She said he gets along with everyone in the class. And is a great listener. He is always the first to clean up and transition activities when it's time. She also said that he's pretty shy and doesn't like to stand up in front of the class and talk, but will do it because he knows that you want him to. I am glad that my views were the same as hers. That means I'm realistic :)
Lexi has had an exciting weekend too. Grammy was here and we went hard core on the potty training. It was very defeating after a long weekend of accidents and hours in the bathroom. (Glad my job was mostly to entertain Devan to keep him out of the way). After Grammy left on Monday, I was ready to give up, thinking maybe she's just not ready, or maybe she's being difficult on purpose (because that is her personality). But, I think things might be clicking. So I've stuck with it. It's been frustrating, for sure. I mean, I know she has to go but she just holds it and holds it and holds it! And we sit in the bathroom forever! Devan was upset we missed story time at the library yesterday. And they haven't gone to the gym at night (which also means I'm missing out on my uninterrupted work time). But it's for a good cause. Yesterday was the best day yet. So, we will continue on. Fingers crossed!
Doing pearler beads. Lexi got frustrated that they kept falling over, so then she knocked Devan's and messed his up. That made him VERY mad... So, I don't think we'll bring this out for awhile (at least with Lexi around).
Lexi set up lunch for her animals


No comments:
Post a Comment