Wednesday, April 24, 2013

KAU T-Ball

This last Saturday was Devan's first ever true T-ball game.  It's the KAU (Kennett and Unionville) league and it's serious.  Goes thru high school I think.  There's a ton of rules but I'm super excited he met the cut-off by 2 days.  So obviously, he's the youngest (ages are 4-7).  But several older kids have never played before so he's doing great!  I'm so excited for him to be a part of a true team.  His team is the Sea Dogs (Portland, Maine).  His friend Will is also on the team, which has helped him get excited.  Last Saturday we played against another of his friends, Finn.  That was fun to watch.  Afterwards we were out working on the deck and all the boys were playing on our deck and Finn was saying that they beat us and Devan and Will were saying that they won.  LOL.  Nobody won.  They don't keep score.  They go 3 innings, or 2 hrs.  Everyone bats through and then they switch.  But you do try and get them out at the bases.  I think as the season goes on, they might start keeping track of outs.  I don't know.
 
It was a pretty nice Saturday.  The sun was out, although it was a bit chilly and the breeze didn't help any.  We had our lawn chairs and Lexi was prepared with her snacks and drink.  And she loved the cup holders (notice her binkie in one of them?).  She loved sitting in the chairs and only fell out 3 times :)  But she just got right back up- no crying!  And when the parents would cheer for their kids she would say "yay!" and clap.  It was cute.  And when it was Devan's turn we would walk up to the fence so I could take pics and she would say "HI" and clap for him.  Next time I HAVE to bring the good camera....





 Yay!  I'm on first base....  Whoa the ball got hit!  Run!
 (He was kinda slow- first time ever in cleats.  Maybe we need to practice running in them.  He kinda waddled flat-footed.  It was funny)
 Whew, made it to second
 Crash!  Total chaos when the ball is hit

 Yay, third base

 Running home

 Now what???
 Each inning they switched positions.  First inning he was on third.  Then short stop.  Now right field.
 It's kinda boring out here...

 I got the ball!  Where do I throw it?  Ummm... this way!

 Batter up!


 I love their little outfits.... Everything is so big!  The socks go up to the middle of his thighs (guess I don't have to worry about his legs being cold in the thin pants), his pants are falling down and are super baggy (they're youth smalls and I got lucky to find elastic waists- oh and they're supposed to be capri style, not full pant).

(I just have to toot my own horn for a second and say.... I'M CAUGHT UP ON PICTURES!!!!  YAHOO!!!!  Now I can start fresh with Devan's birthday party this Saturday)

No comments: