The school carnival this year was the Tex Fest- a festival of all things Texas. They had a poster contest and the winner (1 per grade level) would get 2 raffle tickets for $500 Amazon gift cards. Lexi was SOOOO excited about the poster contest. Finally her chance to shine!! So, before I went out and bought poster board, I wanted her to do a rough draft. She has so many ideas that by the time she's done you can't even see what she was originally going to do. Hahaha. The poster had to be Texas-themed (so she has a cowboy and the Texas state flag), and it must have the title, date, time, and location.
Here's her rough draft:
We went and bought poster board together and then she got started. It took her a couple hours to draw it in pencil first so she could erase if she messed up. And then when she started coloring she was getting sloppy (several hours into it) so I made her put it away until the next night to finish.
Here's the final poster. She has a great cowboy holding the Texas flag, a horse (or an armadillo- haha), and bluebonnets (the state flower). I love the rolling hill grass!
At school they had all the posters displayed in the hall
And Lexi won for the Kindergarten division!!!! We were so proud of her and she was beaming from ear to ear for days!!!
And then, finally, it was the night of the Tex Fest and all things fun :)
Devan's head wound. Lots of blood for a tiny cut on the head. Scary until we got it cleaned up.
3 fun-filled hours of them running around, doing bouncy houses, games, rock wall climbing, pony rides, bull rides, balloon animals, snowcones, etc. And Dustin and I got to look at the silent auction items, enjoy some BBQ, and talk with other parents :)
No comments:
Post a Comment