Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I just have to brag....

Real quick, I just have to brag about our successful outing today. 

We went to the Delaware Natural History Museum.  Without a stroller.  And without a binkie.  I'll just take a second and pause here to let that sink in.....  Yeah, pretty awesome, huh?

It's not that big of a place, but it's always nice to have the stroller just in case they want to go different directions.  And also to carry my bag.  LOL.  But I figured, let's give it a try.  It's small and we can always leave if it's just not working out.  Well, it was fabulous!  Lexi loved the freedom and surprisingly stayed with us the whole time.  She actually walked around holding my hand a lot.  Score!  My little runner was an angel today, and of course, Devan is always perfect :)  We saw lots of different things and they stayed together the whole time.  Devan was actually showing stuff to Lexi, which was adorable.  And Lexi did great!  This is NOT her favorite place as she's been super afraid of all the stuffed/preserved animals.  But this time, she recognized some animals and was pointing them out (mainly the birds and rabbits and fish- the bears and lions still scare her).  But this was huge!  And in the Nature Nook, she pet the snake they had out, sat and listened to the lady talk about it, and colored a turtle puppet with Devan :)

The other big thing: I left the house without the binkie.  She put it in her crib after she got dressed (like usual), but I usually grab one for the car as she is the WORST car rider EVER!!  After the first 3 minutes of yelling "Mama. Mine. Bee.  Mama. Mine. Bee." she gave up and was content looking out the window.  Double score!!  I knew should would be fine once we got there as it's been over a month that she hasn't had her binkie out in public.  But I was a little nervous about the car ride home with her being tired and hungry for lunch.  But again, after the first 2 minutes (it took less than the car ride there), she gave up.  Maybe we've turned a corner on the car riding thing?  Knock on wood!!

That's it.  I just wanted to brag that we had an awesome outing today.  I didn't have to scold either one of them for something :)  Overall, we had an awesome day, which is HUGE because it's been a tough couple weeks with Devan.  I hope this continues!!!!

No comments: