We had a great trip back to Oregon a couple weeks ago. In fact, we had so much fun that we didn't take that many pictures! Aside from the delayed and cancelled flights (consequently losing a day), it was great!
Below are some pics from different people. I KNOW there's more than this, but this is all I have for now. So if you have some different ones, send them to me :)
 |
| Do you see the rainbow?!?! It's right there!!! |
One day we went to the zoo. It was overcast and cool with a little drizzle. But the best part- it wasn't crowded AND the animals we very active :)
We sat and watched the hipps forever! I have NEVER EVER seen hippos do anything other than poke their eyes out. These guys TWICE came out of the water and ate tree branches! I had no idea they were THAT huge! Devan's whole body could fit in their mouth! (I know because he did this right by the window we were standing at).
And Devan was SOOO excited to feed the birds. I'm not sure why he got this in his head because we never said anything to him (maybe he's remembering the Richmond Zoo where you can feed the birds and giraffes??). So, for $1 we got a cup of nectarine and he actually fed them without pulling away scared!
He loved the alligators and crocodiles
 |
| And of course we can't see the monkeys without making a monkey face :) |
 |
| Look! It's Whoo-Whoo! |
After the zoo we went to Derek & Annie's for a BBQ. One of the kids had a blow-up house. What fun!
 |
| I was jealous so I had to get in with Lexi :) |
 |
| Time to wrestle! |
 |
| Love this pic- the fam :) |
One day we went to the fountains at the waterfront and met my cousin and her 3 boys for some fun in the sun!
 |
| Awww... pure love |
 |
| Yes, she actually let Papa hold her! |
 |
| Weeee!!!!!!!!!!! |
 |
| I love you |
Devan got to go boating with daddy, Grammy and Grandpa. Some good ol' fashioned fishing!
 |
| The men :) |
They were fishing until Devan starting feeding crackers to the fish. Then they forgot about the hook and went for the easy stuff :)
 |
| Devan's getting a lesson on rowing |
Another day we picked blueberries. These were perfect for Devan. Easy to pick, no thorns, and a lot at his eye level. He picked it up quick and was off. Luckily, he doesn't like blueberries so we came back with a bunch more because he didn't eat them all :)
 |
| Sidetracked by a ladybug |
 |
| Whoops, he fell. Gotta pick him up! |
 |
| Feeding the goats red blueberries |
I also got to see my preggo friend and she got to meet Lexi! The last time she saw me, I was pregnant with her. It was a much-needed get together :)
We also had a pool party at the grandparent's house, smores in the backyard several times, Dustin's high school reunion.... and a bunch of other things!
I love trips back to Oregon!
1 comment:
You have been busy with the updates great job!! Seeing everyone makes me homesick though :) Love the hippos pics! What a great town you live in some many opportunities to have family time!!
Post a Comment