Did you see that? No... You must've blinked! I told you not to! Ok, let's try this again.... Did you see it this time? Yes? Good!
Watch out Dev...
Slow down buddy... You don't need another ticket...
No... The cord is not a toy...
Don't pull on the dog bowl.... You'll spill the water...
Don't turn the dial on the receiver....
Don't chew on the lamp cord...
No, no no... Don't, don't don't... Sheesh! They never let me have any fun!
Ok... I guess you can have Taylor's toys.... And our shoes....
Our little boy is growing into a little man! If you blink you'll miss it! At 8 months, he's on the prowl for new adventures and buried treasure. He's always traveling around the house with his suitcase (binkie) and always finding new places to go. His favorites: splashing in/dumping Taylor's water bowl, turning the dials on the receiver, chewing/pulling on the lamp cord (or any cord he can get).
He loves spinning his ABC ball and knows if he spins it, it'll sing to him. It does the ABC's and animals (The animals have something to say.... Frog! Ribbit Ribbit! Say it again! Ribbit Ribbit!... The animals have something to say.... Pig! Oink Oink! Take it away! Oink Oink!... The animals have something to say...) Be careful because that song gets stuck in your head!!!
He's such a copycat too! Blowing raspberries, sticking out his tongue, and he's working on clapping (he'll slap his knees instead of putting his hands together).
Other than getting REALLY fast at crawling, he's working on pulling himself up on things (and pulling things off shelves). He's getting pretty good, but hasn't quite figured out that he needs to hold on to something if he wants to stand up. He'll crawl to the middle of the room and then get into a squat position and try to stand up. Needless to say, he falls right back down. But he has the concept down.
He has also decided that he wants to bite me. OUCHY!!!! So I think I'm pretty much done breastfeeding. He'll bite me and I say "no biting" and then put him down. 5 minutes later we'll try again. One of these times he'll figure it out. But my production has slowed significantly as I'm really only feeding him twice a day. The rest is a bottle with rice cereal (a mixture of milk and water) or his pureed food. He's gotten more adventurouse with his food too. But still doesn't like peas or peaches.
Good news: I can now eat beans!!! I no longer have to avoid them like the plague!!!! To celebrate, Dustin took us out to Mexican for lunch this weekend. It was SO tasty! And then for dinner last night I got to eat my vegetable soup without picking out all the beans (and there are a lot in there). Shall I make the black bean spinach dip mom??? I think so!
That's pretty much it. Devan's been keeping us busy chasing him. And he's grown lately, but stayed the same weight :) We can see a neck, ankles, and his calves are smaller. He still has his thunder thighs :) His arms and legs have gotten longer and his head has gotten bigger. It's been harder to get his head through his shirts, and all his pants are too short (except the 12 month ones he got for Christmas). According to Dustin's measurements, he's grown 2 inches in 2 months. But we'll see what the doctor measures (at the end of the month)....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG! So much...so fast, Grammy's coming sooner than later!!!
LOL Grammy! You guys must be exhausted. With all the work he's doing I wonder if HE tires out more quickly. Love you guys!
forget ma-ma or da-da his first words will be a real no-no gg harrisons
Post a Comment