Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Fun

This weekend Devan had his first pumpkin patch experience and he loved it. We went to Ashland Berry Farm. Just gorgeous countryside, acres of pumpkins, BBQ food, moon bounce, hay obstacle course, etc. Tons and tons of childrens activities surrounded by gorgeous nursery with multiple coi ponds... and of course, acres of pumpkins and other crops.

We got there kinda late so we didn't get to do all the activities. But next year Devan will really love it. We took a hay ride waaaaaaayyyyy out to the back of the property. We spent a lot of time trying to find the largest pumpkins. Dustin had a really good one and we stashed it to pick up later. Unfortunately as we were leaving, we discovered it was gone. Oh well... But a couple people told us about this area in the back corner that had WHITE pumpkins and lots of gourds. So we went back there. I've never seen BIG white pumpkins before! They are so cool!

We got 2 white, 2 orange, and several smaller pumpkins and gourds. We put Devan on the cart at the berry farm to take pictures. He was digging the gourds! And everyone who passed said "aaawwww... how cute!" (Ok, I'm done bragging)
And then we got home and I set up the pumpkins to take more pictures.


Sunday we took the boat out for the last time of the season. Weather was perfect- mid to upper 70s, but the water temp had dropped 12 degrees. Brrrrrr..... We ended up going to the river and beaching in the gravel pit. We had a better spot this time because it wasn't as crowded and were able to slide the boat right up on the sandy beach. Taylor, Devan, and Grammy hung out on the beach while Dustin and I did some wakeboarding. I almost made it out of the wake this time and Dustin got about a foot of air on his jumps.
When we got back to the beach Candi says "when are you going?". I already did! She couldn't tell, so I guess that means that I'm as good as Dustin ;)
A picture of the snack boat. They have everything from Advil to hot dogs and most things are only $1. She's now Taylor's bestest buddy. She came over to talk a bit and brought cookies for Taylor. How nice! At first Taylor was protective (because Devan was with us), but when she saw the cookies she changed her mind and decided that this lady was ok.
Hanging on the beach. Taylor would run and swim to get her stick and then she'd shake to get the water off. Well... Devan thought this was hilarious! So we'd toss the stick close and she'd come out and shake. Devan would laugh and laugh and laugh. Then Taylor would do it over and Devan would laugh.... This was a cute game for a LONG time. Taylor had fun fetching her stick and Devan had fun watching her shake after each time out of the water.... How simple life is when you're an infant....
Devan in his new Halloween pjs (thanks Grammy). He's all "skin and bones".... he he he.... As you can see, he's working on his leg strenth. It takes a lot to hold up all those rolls :)

Just having a blast...



Helping Grammy make cookie dough....

2 comments:

C Harrison said...

Looks like fun! We'll be there next year. ;*) I LOVE the skeleton PJ's. I thought that was his halloween costume. CMH

Grampy and Grammy said...

Fun,fun,fun!