Thursday, April 23, 2009

D-Day...

D-Day (or B-Day) is fast approaching....

At my doctor's appointment they put me in the "lucky room". Earlier that day, 2 women had their water break in that room while they were waiting to be examined. I had my fingers crossed, but... I was only 1/2 centimeter dialated when my doctor checked. So... no baby this week :( But we scheduled induction for Monday. (The fastest way to go into labor is to schedule an induction.) We'll arrive at the hospital at 4pm and if all goes well, we'll have a healthy boy on Tuesday!

We were hoping this week would be the week (my doctor's on call this week). But it's not looking promising. And next week she's only around on Tuesday (hence the day we picked for induction). It's very important to me that my doctor does the delivery, so hopefully all will work out. If it doesn't, I can't complain. What happens, happens and it's out of our control. We tried to plan everything out and now it's up to nature. But we have the best shot at everything working out :)

This weekend is our last weekend of "freedom" and it's going to be gorgeous- mid to upper 80's. We'll be having fun in the sun and getting all the last minute errands done.

I'll keep you all updated... :)

No comments: